The Battle Story is a narrative portrayed solely with released Zoids models. Specifically, Zoid Boxes and promotional media included in model kits have had a "Battle Story" attached to them. Not all model kits have a Battle Story included with them (notably, international releases had plain boxes without any battle story printed on them)
- Much of Battle Story is in Japanese, and therefore translations used on this wiki may vary in quality. Please visit the article The Zoids File for an official summary from the English version of the Chaotic Century Manga.
Beginning fairly early after the start of the original Japanese Zoid releases (1982/1983), the battle story first introduced the conflict between two rival nations: the Republic who coexisted with Zoids, and the Empire who used them as tools. While TOMY at the time had a focus on delivering quality toys, the world building and story was weak. Zoids was considered a trailblazer in this respect.
Original Battle StoryEdit
- Main article: Original Battle Story
New Battle StoryEdit
- Main article: New Battle Story
- Main article: Zoids BLOX
The toyline shifted to match, introducing the new posable "Blox" kits (first sold in 2002) as the creation of humans who had fled there to remain neutral in the original conflict. They sold their work to both sides during the Republic's bid to regain their homeland. The ensuing battles—and the battle story portion of the toyline—ended with the Republic reclaiming their capital, forcing the Zenebas Empire back to the western half of the Central Continent.
- Main article: Three Tigers (Battle Story)
- Main article: Zoids: Rebirth Century