The Rising Liger (ライジングライガー, Raijingu Raigā) is a lion-type Zoid, one of over 200 species of biomechanical lifeforms depicted by TOMY's Zoids model, toy, and media franchise. It was developed from the Beast Liger and serves as the final form of the Wild Liger.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Rising Liger is a small Zoid with an open-air cockpit. Compared to other Zoids in the Zoids: Wild series, it is an M-sized Zoid.
Equipment & Features[edit | edit source]
- Fangs (牙)
- Rising Claws
- Rising Claw (ライジングクロー): The Rising Liger features 4 sets of claws on its front and rear paws. There are four (4) claws in each set which the Rising Liger uses for offensive and utility purposes.
- Rising Unit
- Rising Unit (ライジングユニット)
- Rising Frill
- Rising Frill (ライジングフリル)
- Rising Armor
- Rising Armor (ライジングアーマー)
- Tategami Shot
- Tategami Shot (タテガミショット)
- Tategami Blade
- Tategami Blade (タテガミブレード)
- A-Z Engine Cannon
- A-Z Engine Cannon (A-Z機関砲)
- Impact Revolver
- Impact Revolver (インパクトリボルバー)
- High Performance Radiator Fins
- High Performance Radiator Fins (高性能放熱フィン)
- Heavy Tail
- The Heavy Tail (ヘビーテール) is the bulky blade unit located on the end of the Rising Liger's tail for bludgeoning.
- Gravity Cannon
- Gravity Cannon (グラビティキャノン)
- Long-Range Buster Cannon
- Long-Range Buster Cannon (ロングレンジバスターキャノン)
Anime[edit | edit source]
Unlike the Beast Liger, the Rising Liger comes equipped with long-range weapons by default. The revolver on its back additionally allows its melee weapons to pierce tough armour. Finally, the Zoid itself is very sturdy, and is able to withstand moderate shelling.
These traits, combined with the already good manoeuvrability make the Zoid an extremely effective weapon. In episode 16 the Republic test the capabilities of the Zoid, and find it to be on-par with the best Zoids of the Empire, and even able to fight several Zoids at once.
Leo's ability to utilise his Zoids Factor also proves decisive. His metal body is durable, and he is able to unleash an Evo Blast without needing a special pilot suit.
The Rising Liger's power in close combat proved instrumental in stopping the Genospino.
Additionally, when equipped with optional weapons and provided with support, it defeated the Omega Rex twice. The first time using Gravity Cannons, the second using "Long Buster Cannons" armed with unique shells.
Model[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- TOMY Manual: File:ZW36-139157.pdf