Greetings. I am Leong (it's my surname, not my name), and I'm from Singapore (so forgive me for using British spelling in the various articles).
The first time I ever heard of Zoids was in 2002. The anime was largely popular back then. There was even a Burger King promo where they were giving out cups with every meal that had a particular character and one/two Zoid(s) on it - I got one of Van Flyheight and his two Liger Zoids. But since I was not interested at that time, I simply left the cup in my kitchen cupboard.
I was then properly introduced to Zoids in 2007 by a friend, and I went on to become a huge fan. But since Zoids was beginning to get less and less popular here in Singapore, I didn't get to buy many of the model kits. I have managed to snag a good number of them since '07, though, so I'm quite contented with those I have, but I still wish I could get more. The friend who introduced me to Zoids told me it was dangerous to purchase Zoid models online as the people you purchase them from will often put them into boxes that will label them as suspicious items and get them detained at the customs, so I've never tried it.
I also have two Zoids games, Zoids Saga II: Legacy (the English-translated version) and Zoids Saga III: Fuzors. I've finished Saga II, and I'm currently replaying it for fun, but Saga III is taking me a darn long time to finish since I don't understand Japanese.
My favourite Zoids are the Blade Liger (obviously), Command Wolf (all variants, but I particularly like the LC), Sabre Tiger/Zaber Fang, Shield Liger, Liger Zero (I particularly like the Schneider), Lightning Saix, Gun Sniper, Redler, Geno Saurer, Geno Breaker, Berserk Fury, and Brastle Tiger.
My favourite series is New Century Zero, because I like the idea of competitions, and because I like the members of the Fluegel Team. I like Chaotic Century and Guardian Force next after that (I count the two as one, seeing as one comes right after the other), followed by Fuzors, and finally Genesis (I find it nice, but the reason it's my least favourite is because I watched it with Chinese subtitles [couldn't find the English-subtitled version anywhere], and thus never really understood what the characters were saying).
On this wiki, while I do help out editing the stuff I know of, I mostly edit stuff like spelling and grammar as, in my own personal opinion, I feel that errors like these will make the wiki look somewhat 'out of date'.
I'm hoping Zoids will one day, if possible, be made into a Hollywood movie or something (the same way the Transformers franchise was) and be restored to its former glory...
List of Zoid models I have managed to obtainEdit
Helic Republic ZoidsEdit
- RZ-002 Guysack
- RZ-009 Command Wolf
- RZ-028 Blade Liger [x2]
- RZ-031 Dibison
- RZ-041 Liger Zero
- RZ-042 Command Wolf AC
- RZ-057 Snipe Master
- RZ-062 Saberlion
- RZ-073 Whitz Wolf
- RZ-075 Rayse Tiger
Guylos Empire ZoidsEdit
- EZ-004 Red Horn
- EZ-016 Sabre Tiger [x2]
- EZ-027 Rev Rapter
- EZ-034 Geno Breaker
- EZ-035 Lightning Saix
- EZ-036 Death Stinger
- EZ-038 Elephander
- EZ-040 Wardick
- EZ-049 Berserk Fuhrer
Neo-Zenebas Empire ZoidsEdit
- EZ-074 Death Raser
- EZ-076 Brastle Tiger
Neither Republican nor ImperialEdit
- Zi-024 Command Wolf Irvine
- BZ-015 Styluarmor
- FZ-011 Killer Spiner
- FZ-015 Energy Liger
- FZ-022 Ultimate Seismo
- GZ-006 Zabat
- GZ-007 Sword Wolf
- GZ-009 Brastle Tiger
- GB-005 Bio Ptera
- Diablo Tiger
Limited (edition) releaseEdit
- Great Sabre (Toy Dream Project)
- Blade Liger Leon (magazine exclusive)
- Red Redler (Game exclusive)
- Blade Liger Black Impact (Fuzors special edition) [x2]
- HMM Blade Liger AB Leon version (HMM limited)
- Shield Liger Van (Anime 10th Edition)
List of Zoid models I haven't obtained and wish toEdit
- Gun Sniper Naomi (I figured I should get Naomi's Zoid since I have Leon's, then I can have my own Fluegel Team, but it's darn hard to find - I should probably get the HMM version as well, because I also have the HMM version of Leon's Zoid)
- Shadow Fox (I wouldn't mind a Fire Fox either)
- Iron Kong (preferably an Anime 10th Edition Iron Kong Schwarz - actually I just want the Beam Gatling and CP-A1)
- Storm Sworder (the standard NJR colouration will do - I don't need a Jet version)
- Holotech Zaber Fang (NAR version)
- Gojulas (any variant, but if I could, I'd like a Gojulas the Ogre)
- Gustav (this may seem weird, but I'd like one in the OJR colour scheme - it looks more 'Army-issue' in my own opinion)
There are many others I'd seriously wanna get, but they're all likely impossible to obtain now, seeing as I was introduced to Zoids late.