Hi, welcome to Zoids Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the File:Zoids Wild - 03 - Japanese.png page.
If you're new to Wika, you might want to check out the editing help section for some useful tips to get started.
Yeah, we also could adopt the wiki together. We could make something like a network of Takara Tomy-related wikis, as I also happen to run Transformers, Beast Saga, Kamiwaza Wanda, Tomica and Shinkalion Wiki. As well I could help with organizing the project namespace as well as with policies, article layouts, or social media etc. I edit on FANDOM every day, so in terms of activity this won't be a problem.
Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 17:24, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah, feel free to edit me in. I really like to also help combat vandalism. We already had serial vandals on Kamiwaza Wanda and Shinkalion Wiki and I've blocked every new account on sight after no more than a few hours.
Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 17:39, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
An abuse filter can be requested through the contact formular. Like CheckUser its access is very restricted and staff enables it on few wikis. See those pages: https://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum%3AAbuseFilter, https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AbuseFilter, https://community.wikia.com/wiki/Help%3AExtensions
Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 18:12, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
None of my wikis has used an abuse filter yet. But I might know how to code it, as I also have some coding knowledge. There are also some codes which can be found either here or other wiki-related sites. We can use them as well.
Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 18:24, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
Just saw Squiddy is globalled now. Hopefully he now leaves any wiki alone. However he can come back with sockpuppets.
Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 18:28, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
You made a lot of new pages for projects, some of which we won't be able to do and since you created them it will be your responsibility. I can't do events, contests, walkthroughs, streams, or Discord (mainly out of disdain for the fad). It looks nice and is ambitious, and is hopefully a long term plan, but I'm grown man who's interest in wikia is creating a safe, concise, and suitable environment for the next generation of wiki users. I have flexible hours, but I do need to work, and I've been able to lead a wiki and amass 19.3k edits over wikia despite that. I can work a lot on the wiki, but I feel that the project pages should stay to inspire others to get involved and take them over for us.
In short, I don't really have a problem with them, but I can't just get involved with something that I had no input in creating and can't feasibly get involved with. I don't travel, can't provide prizes (I don't have old models and I live on a budget), I don't game, stream, or use Discord. Zane T 69 (talk) 16:59, February 24, 2019 (UTC)
Well, a lot of those projects, such as dubs, transcripts, chat logs, clips and statistics can be done without a lot of activity. Other projects like events, contests, walkthroughs and streams of course require much more activity and can only come true in the long-term, when this wiki is far more populated following the release of Zoids Wild in the west. I am interested in every aspect of a community. Creating a safe environment for the wiki community is of course very important. However, other aspects such as coding, livestreams, contests, let's plays, chat parties etc. are also things I value a lot. According to Special:Editcount/Moviejunkie2009 I have more than 70000 edits across the FANDOM network. Along with my group I'm also active on a lot of other social media sites such as YouTube, Twitter, YouNow, Instagram, Facebook, Streamlabs, Twitch, Discord, Reddit, Blogger, Mixer, Periscope etc. However, thanks for your support regarding the proects. We will find a way to make them come true in the long term. Of course we need more activity first for some of them. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 09:30, February 25, 2019 (UTC)
Sylvanelite's back and I'm trying to convince him to support us getting rights and helping out with the wiki. He also deleted your future product stuff due to lack of content or it being redundant. Zane T 69 (talk) 06:05, February 26, 2019 (UTC)
Hi. I’ve given you admin and bureaucrat rights on this community as you requested. You now have the tools you need to clean up, customize, and maintain the wiki.
- Check out Wiki Features to see which features you can enable (or disable) on your wiki, including chat and many more. If you have adopted an older community with talk pages, you can enable message walls and article comments if you wish. If you are interested in the discussions feature, you can request it using the form at Special:Contact/general.
- Customize your community's look by visiting the Theme Designer, where you can add color and style to your background and wordmark for your desktop visitors.
- Customize the mobile home page and convert infoboxes to the new portable infobox format for your visitors on mobile devices.
- Look through the various useful reports available at Special:Insights, including popular pages, uncategorized pages, and wanted pages for ideas on ways to improve your community.
- Stop by Community Central to stay informed with our staff blog, and ask questions on our community forum, or chat with fellow contributors.
- Lastly, visit our help pages to learn the ins and outs of running a wiki, including tips for managing your community, how to attract contributors, and how to add other admins.
Check out your Admin Dashboard, which can be found by clicking "Admin" on the bottom toolbar. It has links to all your new tools. Please let me know if you have any questions, and good luck with the wiki! JoePlay (talk) 19:12, February 27, 2019 (UTC)
Where should the three of us discuss the wikis future? I was inclined to start a forum or blog for it, but I wasn't sure which. My first interest is putting rules and policies up in the header along with forums and possibly opening up discussion for new rules, policies, or expansion of policies. Do you have a preference? My first inclination was a forum since its official and Sylvanelite probably won't be on for a few more hours. Zane T 69 (talk) 20:05, February 27, 2019 (UTC)
It's best if we for now discuss this wiki's future on the forums. I have already started a forum discussion about wiki features. More discussions will follow. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 20:11, February 27, 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah, I have seen it. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 20:15, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
This is to store article ratings. A few days ago they were introduced on Dev Wiki. With this members of the wiki can provide ratings which are ranging from one to five stars. It would help to monitor which articles need improvement. Of course it also can be abused like everything else. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 15:59, June 13, 2019 (UTC)
The Liger Zoids
It's only my opinion due to limited knowledge on the anime and lack of recall on animal details, but why all the Zoids that have "Liger" in their designation classified as being lion-based? --Traitor Hater 2000 (talk) 08:08, July 7, 2019 (UTC)
Liger-type Zoids are hybrids of a lion and a tiger, so they are also lion-based. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 08:13, July 7, 2019 (UTC)
The "type" of the Zoid is one of the stats that comes on the original boxes, along with things like length and weight. The name of the Zoid doesn't necessarily reflect the type. As another example, the Dibison is a "buffalo" type, despite being named "bison". Sylvanelite (talk) 22:47, July 7, 2019 (UTC)
Fandom is replacing Forums
Just thought that I'd let you know that Fandom is replacing Forums and that we need to archive them... I did it on my home wiki already before suddenly remembering that this wiki had Forums too. I wanna go ahead and get started with Forum:Organization and put them here as subpages like sandboxes. I figured that way it would be all in one place. If you agree please get back to me soon. Zane T 69 (talk) 00:58, November 5, 2019 (UTC)
- According to this thread only the newer threaded forums (which this wiki didn't have) will be replaced by and merged into Discussions, while the older wiki-style forums based on the DPL extension (which we are using) will stay and can be used alongside the Discussions. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 07:19, November 5, 2019 (UTC)
- From what I saw MisterWoodhouse also addressed the forum in the Special namespace in his answer to your comment. They are also sunsetting the Message Walls and Article Comments as they are built upon the same system, but not without replacement. Interestingly they are also not sunsetting chat despite disabling it on Community Central and also the competition this feature has thanks to Discord. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 16:43, November 6, 2019 (UTC)
Quality check request
Hey, Moviejunkie. My other wiki is being targeted by a VPN using vandal and I became concerned that he would locate this wiki via my contributions on Community Central so I added some new JS. Can you make sure I did the last three lines here correctly? Zane T 69 (talk) 00:32, January 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Hi from what I've seen, everything is correct. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 14:51, January 6, 2020 (UTC)
This is your fandom perp: https://zoids.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168 --Traitor Hater 2000 (talk) 10:37, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
I performed a small ip range block, so all ips are blocked from the vandal, all vandalism is reverted, they shouldnt come back for now, if they try using a bigger ip range we can take further actions. Jesto95 (talk) 10:45, August 6, 2020 (UTC)Jesto95
Update: I added a 2 hour restriction from editing and site creation on your wiki, no IP can edit in the next 2 hours, this does not affect normal user accounts ofc, range blocks sadly arent sufficient enough for this vandal. Jesto95 (talk) 10:52, August 6, 2020 (UTC)Jesto95
Glad this got resolved so fast. Unfortunately I was away for some time. Thanks for reporting this. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 11:17, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
Okay the wiki wide ip editing resitriction should now be expired. If he comes back and you would like to know where to enable that setting yourself again (as an admin/crat you can enable that setting too you dont need to be VSTF/SOAP) you can leave me a msg on discord. Jesto95 (talk) 12:55, August 6, 2020 (UTC)Jesto95
Well, from what I see on this page only admins from specific communities (mostly very large and active ones) can use the tool to protect all pages from being edited by non-logged-in users. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 14:23, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
Yes you are right, my mistake, mostly just global user rights groups can use that setting, but i see one of your admins enabled the second option, on Special:WikiFeatures you can also disable ip editing, ofc thats also not the best solution, bc that also restrict non vandals to edit without an account. Jesto95 (talk) 15:28, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
@Jesto95: That's a temporary measure and we have barely any anonymous contributors so the negatives are negated.
@MoviejunkieJ2009: According to User:Yuusuke Takazaki we can request an AbuseFilter now. Do you want to do that or do you want me too? I'd need you set it up anyway. Zane T 69 (talk) 15:57, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
Okay good to hear that you do not have that many anonymous contributors, so until the AF is installed, you dont have negative impact, yes its best if you request it through the link provided, that way Fandom Staff will also be aware of the Problem, sorry you had to deal with this kind of a vandalism, hope i could help you out a bit Jesto95 (talk) 16:06, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
I'm aware that you can disable anon editing through WikiFeatures. On many wikis under my leadership anon editing is disabled. Back when I adopted this wiki together with Zane and Sylvanelite, this also was an option, however concensus was not to disable anon editing and I was more than fine with it. Now that there were multiple instances of anon vandalism this concensus has changed as it seems. @Zane: I'm going to contact staff to request an abuse filter for this wiki. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 16:35, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
- AbuseFilter is enabled now, but still without admin access. @Zane FANDOM Staff asked me to ask you whether you have personal experience with abuse filters. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 21:03, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
@ MJ: I have experience with patrolling the activity log and exercising good judgement in assessing intent, but I haven't set one up before. I could probably import data from another wiki where I'm a Bureaucrat but I've never done that before due to not needing too. If I do that we might need to coordinate in the chat. Zane T 69 (talk) 21:19, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
Yeah we can do so. And when chat is down because of the move to the UCP we could move such discussions into the Discord server. We can use this opportunity to bring the subreddit, the Discord server and the wiki closer together by perhaps also having wiki-related channels on the server. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 21:38, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
The Chat's working ATM. I'm in there if you wanna chat/coordinate/guide me through the import part. The link is above. My ability to navigate Discord is comically inept and that's usually something that I delegate. Zane T 69 (talk) 21:53, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
Yeah at the moment it's still working, only in the long-term not. I will meet you there. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 21:57, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Finally admin access for the abuse filter is enabled. Staff advised to get help from themselves, Wiki Managers, Content Team Members and SOAP. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 18:54, August 7, 2020 (UTC)
We perhaps can try setting it up first. After looking over the form for abuse filters, it doesn't seem easy for inexperienced users, so if it is too difficult, help from Staff, Wiki Managers, Content Team Members and SOAP is indeed better. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 19:18, August 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Okay. I'm in the chat right now looking over the filter set-up interface but not actually doing anything. I'd want to beta test the filters for a few days anyway with no real consequences for editors. Zane T 69 (talk) 19:20, August 7, 2020 (UTC)
Hey, Moviejunkie2009. I was wondering how you felt about the idea of promoting Aggression25 to Rollback given his recent defense of the wiki and his history of worthwhile contributions. He's been here a year and hasn't created a problem that I'm aware of. I wanted to check with you and MJ before offering the promotion. He's shown the intent to defend the wiki against vandalism and is a mature user with no known disputes here and this will add another defender to our small team. Zane T 69 (talk) 19:45, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
I have nothing against promoting Aggression25 to rollback. He really has a history of great contributions. For the case Evolto001 makes further worthwhile edits over the next months we also could promote him to rollback. He is also a content moderator on Beyblade Wiki. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 19:57, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
Great, if Sylvanelite agrees then I'll approach Aggression25. I also have Evolto001 down as a potential future Rollback. We don't have a lot users but those two stand out and have good reputations elsewhere too. Zane T 69 (talk) 21:21, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
And if we have luck and the English dub of Zoids Wild comes to the States still in this year we soon can look after further potential rollbacks, mods, sysops or even crats. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 21:38, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
I think we should wait on bureaucrats but other than that I agree wholeheartedly. I think given the recent pandemic we should only consider replacing/adding b-crats after a year or more of activity. If I get sick I'll try letting you and Syl know. Anyway, I'm in the chat right now if you want to get started on the importing filters. I'm only confused about the actual importing part. Zane T 69 (talk) 21:57, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
I also think we should wait for a longer time with bureaucrats, also because bureaucrat powers can't be revoked by another bureaucrat. With rollbacks, mods and admins we can be faster indeed. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 22:38, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Just removed all discussions involving him from my talk page. If he makes further socks, we could report him to staff. However, if he uses a VPN, a checkuser inquiry isn't that viable. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 19:18, September 3, 2020 (UTC)
- I've seen you also removed a conversation where we talked about him and his violations. However, it's fine if you want to hide everything what he has done, as we don't want this wiki to be associated with this. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 19:32, September 3, 2020 (UTC)
Railwam AVG alert
- Uploaded an image of it.
- I rather think that it's a false positive. I never had anything of that sort with RailWAM. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 22:24, September 15, 2020 (UTC)
Can you look into it? I've been having to exit three AVG pop-ups every time I go onto a new page even history pages. AVG is very common and it might be affecting multiple readers too. Zane T 69 (talk) 23:36, September 15, 2020 (UTC)
I had to remove it from the ImportJS page until you can think of something to fix it. I get three AVG pop-ups per page and can't do anything until I exited them all and other users might be dealing with this and just be leaving instead. I'll message TyA after I eat breakfast. Zane T 69 (talk) 13:51, September 16, 2020 (UTC)
- Apparently they are dealing with this issue on Dev Wiki. I think for now it‘s fine to remove the script. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 14:39, September 16, 2020 (UTC)