So I'm Sylvanelite. If you have any issues with something you see on the wiki, feel free to post it here and I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind I'm not very knowledgeable about model kits, so I might not be able to help in that regard. Sylvanelite 03:43, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Note to self
- Rottiger article with orphaned links to missions. Cleanup required.
- Promotional Zoids Prints and Zoids Print Media need to be consolidated. Promo prints is not linked to on the main page. Promo prints talk page has info that needs to be added to articles.
- Zoids Toy Lines needs to be properly ported to Zoids Model Releases and deleted.
- Following pages need categories:
Follow up on HMM chapter 2. Check/Update Zoids aggressive line articles and links to them.
- check field of rebellion and web comic articles to remove dependence on external link: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/games/zoids/world/comic01/ also comic 02, and comic 03.
- add Zoids: Wild zoids to the "list of zoids" when they are released. Add categories sizes, types, weapons to them.
- Orphaned pages: Transcript: Chaotic Century Episode 1 through 6. Needs revision.
- Minor characters from all series need cleanups/consolidations. The templates on the Anime page need to match the main 'Characters' template. The Minor_Characters page needs to be reviewed. The Zoids Genesis Characters page needs to be reviewed. Pages like Faaji Familon need to be revised.
Come to chat one day??
I was wondering if you can come to chat maybe tomorrow or saturday around 4:00PM United States Eastern Time. I want to discuss things about the wiki with you.Joan Martinez
- Unfortunately, I don't think that's a good time for me, sorry Sylvanelite 03:18, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Do you know when it is a good time i would like to talk to you about things. Joan Martinez
- I don't have Internet at the moment (on my phone ATM). But when I get it back, I can come onto the chat. The main problem is I'm australian. Meaning there's a big time difference. Most USA people are online at 4/5 in the morning my time. Sylvanelite 09:29, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Do you think you can come on chat now?? Joan Martinez
I live in the US, so I can probably chat at a more reasonable time. I'm not quite as active, but I'm another admin and I've been around here almost as long as Sylvan. Just a thought, I understand if you want to talk specifically to him. Azimuth727 04:16, June 16, 2012 (UTC)
Can both of you guys or one of you guys come on to chat today so i can introduce you guys to my Zoids fanon wiki -- Joan
Can you come on chat now- Joan.
I also want to say I'm sorry as well. This whole thing was my fault, as I was the one who wanted to add to add the joke in the first place.
So I guess all blame should be placed on me, as this was my fault.
I am deeply sorry. (Zoids Fanatic 03:04, October 5, 2010 (UTC))
lol, there is nothing to be sorry for. I personally don't think anyone is at fault, it was a heated debate and that's all there is to it. Sylvanelite 03:39, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
heh you chose my favorite MTG card as your avatar, sylvan is awesome when enchanted with seton's desire and having threshhold (I use tempting wurm to get them out of my hand) anyways magic asside, I'm really gonna try everything I can to see if I can get a bio chimera model I'd appreciate any help I could get allong the way. thanks. Joshex 16:47, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I just use Sylvan Basilisk with Lure =D The awesome thing about Sylvan basilisk (as opposed to other basilisks, like stone-tongue) is that it only needs to be blocked, while the others need to deal damage. I'm not so knowledgeable about the models here though, wish I could help more with the bio chimera (it looks awesome!) Sylvanelite 21:47, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, I never knew your username was based on MTG. Maye I should have named myself Inkwell Leviathon XD. (Zoids Fanatic 17:15, November 25, 2010 (UTC))
- It's not just after Sylvan basilisk, I really like the picture (Ron Spencer draws the best magic cards). "Sylvan" means "association with the woods/forest". For example, Pennsylvania, literally means "Penn's forest" or something. Sylvanelite 21:47, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Can You guys come to chat now or leave a message when you can i would like to talk to you about something. Joan Martinez (talk) 03:37, July 29, 2012 (UTC)Joan Maartinez
- I was on the chat about an hour after you posted this, I didn't see anyone online while I was there. Is there any particular reason you can't use talk pages? It's just a ton easier for me to respond to talk page posts. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:43, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
Yo, update to:
When deciding on which variant of a name to use, the following order should be considered;
- 1:Official English Translations/published English media (American boxes, English-dubbed anime, etc)
- 2:Official Romanisations/published Japanese media which uses English letters (Japanese boxes, Japanese games, etc)
- 3:Unofficial translations (Fansubbed anime, unofficial game walkthroughs, etc)
- In the event of two official translations or two official romanisations existing, if common sense does not resolve the conflict, use the most popular version. Popularity can be cited by viewership information, sales figures or any other citation relevant to mass consumption.
Please note that this applies to articles in general only. When referring to a specific release or version, use the release's specific name. For example, on the Zaber Fang page, use Zaber Fang if referring to the Zoid in general, but if referring to the New Japanese Release of the Zoid, use "Saber Tiger" (a note regarding the name change should always be present).
kthnxbai XD. Slax01 01:17, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
New Pacific Release
Hey Sylvan. Sorry to bother you but I have to ask you something. You are from Australia, correct? Does this mean you are familiar with the NPR release? If so I just had a quick question; Are the NPR Zoids NAR boxes relabled with TOMY logos, or are they NJR style? If not, then please forgive me for bothering you.
Leon35 00:51, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm really not familiar with that release. I've only seen 1 model purchased from the actual stores, which was a shield liger my friend owns (I didn't see the packaging). I do know that in 2004/2005, there weren't any Zoids in shops. From what little I can remember, I think they do have the Tomy logo on them, but I can't say for sure. Sylvanelite 08:04, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
I can say from personal experience that most NPR boxes are the same as NAR boxes but with a TOMY logo instead of Hasbro. I can also say that they were in Hobart stores around the 2003-2005 period, although they were definitely gone by 2007. Cheironyx 11:31, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Which stores? I'm fairly certain K-Mart at least didn't have Zoids in mid 04 through 05, because I remember specifically keeping an eye out for 'em during that time. Sylvanelite 12:20, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
@Cheironyx: Do you remember the style of the boxes? By this I mean were they the green and purple boxes from the start of the NAR, or were they the light gray and blue/light gray and red boxes from the mid to late NAR?Leon35 19:04, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
I have an NPR Storm Sworder I ordered online, which had a box very similar (but not quite the same as) my other NAR boxes. I've never heard of anything relating to the Blox boxes and if they have a separate look for the NPR. I can look at the ones I have... I don't remember if it's the Hasbro or Tomy logo on them. If it is the Tomy logo, I'd be surprised if they're different, but I can't confirm that.--Azimuth727 02:18, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I think you have an NER Storm Sworder. Storm Sworder was never released as an NAR Zoid, so I dought it was an NPR Zoid. Is the box green and puple, but with a faded yellow circle surronding the Zoid?Leon35 03:19, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
- That's possible. I don't have the box on hand and I don't remember exactly... I know it's the black / purple / green color scheme.--Azimuth727 02:19, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
Then it is more than likely NER. The NAR Zoid was planned, but never released due to the lines cancellation. However, the NER version was realeased instead. All NER boxes are black, green and purple with lightning in the background, just like the early NAR's. However the difference being that the NERs had large but faded yellow circle on the front, as well as TOMY logos instead of Hasbro ones. As for thier Z-Builders, I am uncertain, but it may be the 2nd box style. But if that is true then it would be impossible to tell if the zoid was NER or NPR. Just out of curiousity, Azimuth, do you still have the box or is it long gone? If you do still have it, post a pic of it.
And if anyone has an NPR Zoid, please ppst a pic of it's box please. Thanks.Leon35 03:28, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
Can you make an interesting theme for the wikia and how do u guys find the info about the battle story Joan Martinez 19:27, February 21, 2012 (UTC)Joan Martez
- I can try my hand at making a skin, sure. As for battle story, as far as I know, it's just from boxes. (in particular japanese boxes) Sylvanelite 08:14, February 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I tried to modify the skin. It looked terrible so I changed it back. If anyone has really high resolution official Zoids images, I'll take another shot at it. Sylvanelite 02:41, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
- And because I completely failed to mention it before, there is a link to some of the (japanese) Battle Story on the main page. Sylvanelite 14:03, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1440&bih=799&tbm=isch&tbnid=wvb45tKzDfDkUM:&imgrefurl=http://www.postiar.com/post/21670/zoids-chaotic-centurytemporada_1_y_2-6767-53-mb-latino.html&docid=ziiqKvQWdE7lWM&imgurl=http://images.wikia.com/doblaje/es/images/d/d1/Zoids2.jpg&w=485&h=640&ei=zGRST4XTDqPr0gH8sfncDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=450&vpy=152&dur=3909&hovh=258&hovw=195&tx=133&ty=140&sig=109774339442439345484&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=131&tbnw=98&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0 try this image, and i changed the things on main page. Joan Martinez 18:39, March 3, 2012 (UTC)Joan MartinezJoan Martinez 18:39, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
I Just Joined But the stuff i Can do now is a lot better then the stuff i could do before so thanks
Sheild liger 19:18, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
feel free to make any changes to the wild eagle page as you wish
- I love the initiative, I really do. But we already have pages for those topics (well, subsections). If you can't find something on the first go, try a different search... But welcome to the wiki! Feel free to edit :)
- Oh, and make sure to sign with 4 tildes (~~~~)! Don't hesitate to ask us anything, happy editing! --Azimuth727 04:11, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- No probs. Wish I knew more though. I might try get some of the Bible info from Zoids Poison. Sylvanelite 08:28, May 22, 2012 (UTC)
- before I forget about this: http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm.asp?m=87587 Sylvanelite 08:59, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
hi im kinda new to the wiki i been browsing it for almost a year but just joind it this week and you seem like one of the most active members so i wanted to drop by and say HI.
- Welcome =D Sylvanelite 08:17, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, a bit curious if you found the Bible scans somewhere on the net, own it yourself, or copied them from my picasa gallery.
- Bible scans sourced from the ZP link above. I didn't scan it, the person from ZP did. I've never seen your picasa gallery, but if it has interesting stuff like the bible on there I'd probably like to. Sylvanelite 03:18, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
The scans are really cool, but I have to ask: where are you going to put them? --Azimuth727 04:07, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm probably going to make a thumbnail gallery like the sprite galleries. Anyway, it's useful to have them even if it's just for reference. I don't like linking to 3rd party sites for references, in case they go down or change the URL for whatever reason. Maintaing citations just easier if we have a copy here. Sylvanelite 07:33, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Ask and ye shal recieve. (responding to previous message)
Bible scans from my gallery: https://picasaweb.google.com/w0lfpawpaw/ZoidsBible?authuser=0&feat=directlink
My other Zoids media gallery: https://picasaweb.google.com/w0lfpawpaw/Zoids?authuser=0&feat=directlink
Idea: You could add a page to the site that has the bible scans, hopefully we could get someone to translate it.
- Only problems wit translations is that we need more than 1 person to do them. (If just 1 person does the translating, we have no way of checking if they are making it up). But certainly, it would be fantastic to have. And I gotta say, I'm quite jealous of your collection! Sylvanelite 11:34, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
hello, map project help.
hey, another user here recommended that I ask you for help with my map project, I have created a blank map of the planet Zi. I plan to map all the locations, from all of the anime, manga, the battle story, and the english comics to this map . . . as part of a massive fan fiction project I am doing to rationalize all of the various disparate continuities as the same universe . . . but i will also be releasing "era" maps . . . to fit the individual canons . . . all of hte kingdoms, nations, cities, geography . . . all that stuff, I just need help mapping it as I am no expert (genesis locations go on nyx) ralok (talk) 02:49, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
- The first place to look is here: Planet_Zi. It contains much of the info needed. Putting New Century and Chaotic Century together is easy: The Gurreal Plateau is the most noteworthy place. It houses both the Rare Hertz, the Zoid Eve, the Ultrasaurus wreck and the Royal Cup. Battle Story also follows the CC map.
- In particular the GF image  on Planet Zi page has a line on it. That line is every location ever visited by Van, in order.
- The other place to look for info would be the locations category . Unfortunately, locations is still work-in-progress, so it's 100% complete yet. Hope this helps. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:02, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, I got no idea on that one. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:03, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
so do you have anything like skype or similar programs that we could talk to each with and show off our zoids
- I don't have skype. I could install it, but I'm hella boring to talk to. Sylvanelite (talk) 21:50, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
i dont mind if your boring lol im prolly eqaully as boring
Hey there. Thanks for the welcome, though technically I'm not a new member haha. I was just making some edits to my Western Continent War page to make it easier to read; plus add some details that I recently found out.
Incidentally, I might need some help. I've been trying to get some pictures to better illustrate the article, but I don't actually own any fanbooks (which have some really awesome dioramas that depict the war). If you know anyone who could help, please let me know!
Edit: I guess I should probably mention that my usual account is Raykong.
- The welcome is actually an automated message, it randomly puts an admin's name on the message, which is kinda creepy. But I'll take the credit! Welcome (again). I did know some good sites, which had pictures of it on the net. However, all my links now appear to be dead.
- You can try your luck rummaging through: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/zoids/battle/index.html but I don't think much is related to the western continent war.
- Some of the people on Zoids Poison would also likely have info. But I personally don't have a whole lot. Sylvanelite (talk) 07:46, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Hrm. Those pages used to be called Laser Storm and Scissor Storm, but were re-named because of this. (This is a Hasbro version). Here I think having the space makes more sense so I'll go move them back. Sylvanelite (talk) 11:14, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Interesting. The ones I linked to are Tomy-branded, of course. I would imaaaaaagine that means "Laserstorm" is the one that would have come out in the US, and I've read that the Filipino Tomy-branded ones are extremely rare, so proooobably the wiki should use the no-space version? It's a strange little variation regardless; I don't know of any other differences between NAR and NPR names like that. -LV55 (talk) 16:07, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't have a citation for popularity, so I'll just use the "common sense" clause in the rules and use the version with the space. The names are pretty interchangeable, we may as well go with the one that spell checks correctly. I've tried to keep the "laserstrom" spelling for parts referring to the hasbro version specifically. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:26, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Interesting. The ones I linked to are Tomy-branded, of course. I would imaaaaaagine that means "Laserstorm" is the one that would have come out in the US, and I've read that the Filipino Tomy-branded ones are extremely rare, so proooobably the wiki should use the no-space version? It's a strange little variation regardless; I don't know of any other differences between NAR and NPR names like that. -LV55 (talk) 16:07, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
Guardian force weapon / tool
Hi I am a huge zoids fan but I have always wondered what the weapon / tool that van carries on him and used several times thru ought the guardian force season If you have any info on this I would apperciate it very much and if you could email any photos with it in them that would be great I found a handle on etsy that I can use to make a replica. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and great wiki Alpha Fernir (talk) 17:16, May 3, 2013 (UTC) Alpha Fernir
Vans weapon - tool
I did not mean the rifle I ment the handheld bladed weapon that he carries on his Lowerback and uses it during close combat I also belive that it was his fathers and Fiona throws it to him in the first episode of GF I belive when he is attacked by the organoid.
- I think the first episode GF is the most notable use of it. I don't have much info on it specifically. I went to take some, but Zoids Fanatic posted a couple screen shots on your talk page just now, which are basically the same as the ones I took. Hopefully those are helpful. And BTW, creating a replica is an awesome idea. Hope it turns out well. Sylvanelite (talk) 23:54, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
That is the one I do not remember them ever naming it or anything I think I just remember van or his sister saying it was his fathers any more info you have I would apperciate. Thank you so much for everything
This is the link to object that I am going to make vans weapon - tool out of http://www.etsy.com/listing/96769896/space-1999-stun-gun-prop-from-gerry?ref=cat_gallery_12 I will let you guys know what happens tobad I can't find or build a organoid of my own who don't love shadow and Zeke
- That base does look the part. As far as I know, it's only ever called a knife. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:32, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
- If I am correct, I believe it is just called a "knife", and I think it was once called a "pocket knife". But aside from that it doesn't have any names, and Sylvan correct me if I'm wrong, only appears in GF and not the manga or CC. But yeah, that thing does look like a good start for a mock-up.
- (Zoids Fanatic (talk) 18:11, May 4, 2013 (UTC))
- Yeah, I don't recall seeing it in the manga. Sylvanelite (talk) 02:50, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Sylvanelite, Just curiuos as to why my Gotoshi revision was undone by yourself. Thanks.
- The subs I watched of Genesis have Gotoshi as a female. I guess I never questioned them until now. It wouldn't surprise me if they were wrong (they are quite bad subs). If you've got a more reliable source, feel free to undo my undo. Sylvanelite (talk) 07:58, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for fast responce Sylvanelite. I have researched the gender of Gotoshi thoroughly. He is most definately a He!!
- I will assure you now, I will not edit, correct or otherwise change any information on this superb Zoids wiki unless I am 100% certain that my edit will be accurate.
- Whilst we have this comunication I'll take the opportunity to say Hi and introduce myself.
- Hi!! My name is Phil and I dwell in sunny(not!) England. Pleased to meet you :) 18.104.22.168 09:22, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Apologies for the unsigned reply. Bloody PC keeps logging me off! The above ramblings are my own!! DPLoho (talk) 09:25, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
I have just added Liger Zero Mariner Photo on Liger Zero Variants.
Hey dude I'm in the process of creating ZOIDS MMORPG and could really use the help of your site as well as yourself and anyone else you know who has the skillset to help us out. :P
hey is there a page that describes the new centuary zero team classes and how the wins work for bringing them up in rank
- unfortunately not. The two nearest pages are:
- There are bit and pieces of classes and their ranking, but not a page as such. I may add one if i can find some info, although this wont be soon, as it'll take some time to go through. Sylvanelite (talk) 02:47, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
Hello there and thanks for the welcoming! Any chance you guys/gals/Zoid-loving-wiki-bots want example scans of a couple 1st edition Fuzors and Genesis cards for this place? Err, they're kinda big so if there are dimensions and file type preferences let me know? If they'd be useful that is, it's cool if you don't want 'em. Thegreengai (talk) 04:06, February 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Scans would be awesome! There's no particular preference in file type or format, whatever suits you is ok. Sylvanelite (talk) 22:09, February 9, 2014 (UTC)
Armor and Variants?
So each Liger Zero and Berserk Fury type is getting its own page now? Do they each get a link on the Zoids main page? Seems extreme. Some of them only have like a paragraph information, if that. Liger Zero just had a lot of information to start so I thought it'd be easier to have aVariants page for the Base Ligers and a CAS page for the Armors since that's the most famous New Century Zero term.
CAS may not have been used for every Armor but it was the title of the first 3. Kind of like Zoids(1999), not all the Zoids were released that year but that was the starting point.Ligerninja (talk) 17:33, October 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I've already updated all the existing links to point to the new pages, including redirects. The trouble with overly long lists is that nobody proof reads or contributes to them. There are some factual errors in both the Zero and Fury Variants pages, which I've only just noticed yesterday. (such as the "prime" name you picked up, and someone overwriting the Jagd's photo)
- The reason there's "only one paragraph" is that people don't add more than a paragraph to things in lists. The typical example is comparing the amount of info on our Ruuji page to the Ruuji on wikipedia. In the past our Genesis characters were presented exactly the same as on Wikipeida, and Ruuji only had a single paragraph. It wasn't until we split them into new pages that he got a decent amount of info added. I hope to get similar results here. The CAS are certainly notable enough to have more info added beyond single paragraphs.
- To give you an idea of how infrequently people edit lists, the Wikipedia entries and our list are still the same for many of the minor Genesis characters. Whips De Zaltz on wikipedia is word-for-word identical to the Whips De Zaltz here despite being split over 5 years ago. Meanwhile, all the non-list entries are heavily edited.
- The trouble with calling the page "CAS" is that it's official Fuzors are not CAS, it's explicitly mentioned in the show. If we were to have a CAS page, that's fine, but we need to remove the Fuzors from it.
- Finally, I'm not against grouping the articles in a list. In fact, I would strongly recommend grouping them. The Category page CAS is an automatic list, that can also be edited like an article.Sylvanelite (talk) 08:14, October 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Just wanted to shed some light on Prime. It is an official version of the Liger Zero, but true that it is not a variant. It's just the name of the Liger without armor. The name and stats are from the Zoids Battle Card Game, and was added because it was new information (other medias didnt give an official name or stats to NekkidZero, which I always found odd bcause there's a huge difference in appearance and equipment options)
- "Prime" in context, would be taken as 'naked', 'prime field' or 'primed for armor'. It's name may officially be 'considered' Naked if you want to be more literal about the context. It's fine if people would rather see it removed, I just wanted to step in and confirm that it is not made up or incorrect. It is official, and is confirmed.
- Kenihhi (talk) 22:12, October 12, 2014 (UTC)Kenihhi
- That's cool. I don't have much info about the card game. I'm happy for someone to add it back with a citation. It's good to have a bit of context around that. Sylvanelite (talk) 22:40, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
Did not see you message yesterday. Hi.
Trying to update some things, mainly the Academy page. Nearly done, a few questions though.
How do you align pictures left and add captions?
As asked on main page: Could we make the wiki's background image less broken? To show more of Liger's face and claw. I suggested Berserk Fury on Left side and Liger Zero on Right side.
- I don't have a picture of the berserk fury in high enough quality to use it in the background. For aligning photos to the left:
[[File:Image.jpg|thumb|left|caption goes here]]
- Masterpieces can be added as a new release page, same with the other new Koto kits. I'm not sure about the chapter 2 HMMs, we might need to see how they go about it a bit more. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:14, April 22, 2015 (UTC)
Made page for Masterpiece. How do you catagorize as stub and model-line? Do you have a template page? There are many prototype pictures to choose from, and even video commercial. Not sure how to make the page look correct though.
Yes, new Kotobukiya line with Murasame should get page too; just does not have name yet.
HMM Chapter 2 is official, directly from Kotobukiya mouth. Seperate by year such as HMM (2006) and HMM (201X) if you prefer; will not be proper term though. But yes, wait until it first Zoid (Deathstinger) is at least prototyped and given release window to make page.
If just face side of Berserk Fury box image from Kotobukiya -which is here on wiki- not big enough, then maybe Blade Liger and Geno Breaker art. Or use larger Zoid picture from TakaraTomy's or Shopro website. Or move Liger Zero somehow so face is is not cut. Right now all that is seen is broken pieces; just looks bad. HyugaLion (talk) 17:59, April 24, 2015 (UTC)
Started HMM Chapter Two. Name is open to change once Kotobukiya gives more about Death Stinger. Kotobukiya official seems consistant with Chapter though.
Noticed problems with your "Lines" vs non-line or "one-offs" by third party companies. Lines= consecutive Zoids series dedicated to Zoids title either by TakaraTomy or through partnership with TakaraTomy to . TechnoZoids, Academy & HMM = Lines outside of TakaraTomy's staple Zoids releases. "One-offs" = not always 1 kit but is non-exclusive Zoid line. Kotobukiya does lots of these with Marvel and DC in United States. Revoltech, Yamato, Threezero, D-Style Zoids= non-lines.
To put problem into perspective, every single Wonderfest item liscensed by TakaraTomy could be considered a "Line" too if these one-offs like Revoltech are given full toy-line status. They are not. HyugaLion (talk) 06:36, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I have to disagree. It seems perfectly reasonable to call D-Style a separate release. We have several huge discussions on this, on the forum and some other places. Basically, if we split things into "lines" using a hard definition, as you've done, then there will always be gaps in that definition that make the articles impossible to maintain. There's essentially no value in splitting things into releases by TOMY and releases by 3rd party people licensed to TOMY. The main problem with hard definitions, is that everyone has their own, and they are usually not compatible with each other. As for my usage of the term "line", I treat any individually branded release to be a release, and use the term "line" interchangeable. This is, as far as I can tell, the only unambiguous way to do things. For truly one-off Zoids we can just list it on the Zoid's page. But for threezero or D-Style, they do seem to be genuinely releasing as part of a line. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:28, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
[http:// http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product-series/d-%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB/ http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product-series/d-%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB/] D-Style is not just a Zoid line, but maybe can be mentioned as a non-exclusive continuation like Revoltech.
Threezero is most certainly not, it is a company like Yamato and neither are Zoid lines unless you consider:
Leoshop as a line, at least in part. The Liger Zero and Armor sets were officially liscenced by Tomy. Possibly a Customize Parts but with WebArchive it is hard to tell.
CDZ as a line. They are seperate from Blox and done by Tomy.
Wonderfestival individuals to be thier own lines each. Obviously as Convention Exclusives. There have been MANY different modellers allowed by TakaraTomy to sell Zoid items. Beserk Fury parts, Gairyuki parts, Seismosaurus parts, Areo Liger conversion, Geno Breaker Jet conversion, Wolff and Rudolph pilots, One-Blox Command Wolf and many others would be individual Lines.
Third party Resin Kits as lines. Murasame Liger Resin for example was a mail-in order exclusive done outside of TakaraTomy.
Hungry Mack(?) the Australian finger puppets and the same Korean KFC toys will be a line of four.
See the problem?
Yes it is very interesting that more than 1 Zoid is sometimes released by outside companies who partner with TakaraTomy but that does not make it a dedicated Zoid model line. HyugaLion (talk) 14:30, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
Forgot a line haha. I am not saying third party are not true Zoids releases. Obviously they are. Only that calling them Zoid model Lines in their articles not at all accurate. HyugaLion (talk) 14:44, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
Now I am feeling silly for forgetting to suggest improvements. The more accurate way to label the articles would be as "Zoids by Yamato" or "Threezero Zoids Products" your choice but I think the former is better. Actually, "Zoids by Academy" (or the latter form) should be considered too, since in 2001, Academy said the first release was separate from the current line. However, having a different Academy page for those first four Zoids is about as silly as separating the Bio Zoids line from the Genesis Zoids line article or making a Zoids 1998 page just for Deadborder.
Revoltech and D-Style could be "Zoids in D-style" "Revoltech featuring Zoids" or "D-Style Zoid Models" The third sounds best I think, but they are all more appropriate than mistakenly treating them as if they were a Zoid line instead of intermittent kits.
The problem with calling pages just Revoltech and D-Style is that their Zoids are not the focus of the line AND the Zoids in those lines are not consecutive. Revoltech's Red Blade Liger is the non-consecutive by date released, D-Style is all over the place between Zoid and not, which skips numbers. Speaking of, I will add the Zoid kit numbers to that page.
Started the Material Hunter page and added a "Other Planet" section to Planet Zi. Planet ZOIDS I will work on more later, since it is fairly unique from the older Planet Zi. Consider it a Stub like Zoidstar for now.
I am making a page for White Tiger but it will be a stub. There is also Pandos, who has official stats like White Tiger listed and Tarantula who does not, since it is just an enemy Zoid. I do not know what to do with them.
White Tiger has some useful information, like evolution, pre-registration campaign, comercial appearance and even a short mention in Concept Art. Pandos and Tarantula do not much information. And they are not related to older Zoids. But they are very unique species. Do I put them on the Material Hunter page? HyugaLion (talk) 03:58, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm, sorry about the slow reply, I must have missed the notifications about the above edits. While I can appreciate that lines vs companies can be a bit confusing, in reality it doesn't matter a huge amount. Revoltech, for example, is how selling sites list Zoids, so it's easy to use that. Threezero was how the Zoids were branded in media releases, so I just used that. I personally don't really mind what's used as the name of articles, as long as it's consistent. Things don't have to be ordered by consecutive releases, because for the most part, we don't have good citations for them. I mean, obviously it's better if we can get those, but it's not something I can validate on my own. We don't have a problem with non-Zoids things under a line, as this is the Zoids wiki, other things can (and should) be ignored.
- I will try clean up what I can about the Material hunters page. For the white tiger, if there's enough info make a new page, otherwise just list it on the material hunters one. We don't have a hard and fast rule about this, and have to do it on a case-by-case basis (for example, the mirage fox is in a similar position) Sylvanelite (talk) 23:04, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- No, there is not much useful information for White Tiger or Pandos outside of the in-game commercails. Nothing like Mirage Fox at least. G-Cluster does have statistics like length, weight, speed and so-on but that is about it. How do you center the pictures like the Custom Blox Zoids? The Game's website has images for each so we could handle the new Zoids much like the Custom Blox kits. The old Zoids like Gustav and Helcat can also link to thier model pages.HyugaLion (talk) 01:01, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yep, that all seems ok to me. The custom blox page uses a Gallery tag, if you're using the text editor, the syntax is:
<gallery> image.png|caption text image2.png|caption2 </gallery>
- Otherwise there should be an option to add a gallery somewhere in the rich editor. Sylvanelite (talk) 22:52, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
Hey sorry about the Demantis but it clearly dose not go 370 km/h Sorry for the hasle jumpscore
Hello, Just saying hi. Jaymiller923
Hey, just thanking you for the welcome message from the other day. I'm a big Zoids fan and I'm willing to help out as much as possible for the wiki. If I'm breaking any of the wiki's rules, let me know and I'll stop. (Hopefully that doesn't need to happen). Anyway thanks again.
- Sorry for the slow reply. Yeah, sure, that's fine. The more content we have on here the better. Changes like this are always welcome. Sylvanelite (talk) 21:35, July 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Great, since i'l be doing this while writing a Zoids fanfiction, i'l upload peices of it, then fill those gaps. Zane T 69 (talk) 23:28, July 11, 2016 (UTC)
Question About Anime Screen Captures.
Hello, Sylvanelite. I've been coming to the Zoids wiki for years now, but I've never really bothered with actually editing any of its information. (Except for a few corrections to common spelling and grammar mistakes to the Rei Mii page a few years back...)
Anyways, I'm curious to know if it's okay to upload screen captures I've taken and will be taking of the various Zoids animes? If it is, do you have any suggestions of what content would be most desireable, and what format and size the screen captures should be in?
- Uploading screen captures is fine, I gladly welcome any edits anyone can make to the wiki. I don't have a suggested format for images, but I'd say the bigger the better. Sylvanelite (talk) 02:12, September 3, 2016 (UTC)
I posted a video of Zoids Catholic Century - English IntroJaymiller923
Hey, I just wanted to quickly thank you for clearing up the minor nomenclature issue with the Bamburian's upgrade part. I know I'm pretty late in doing so, but I'm finally returning to editing parts of this wiki. I decided that I might as well give belated thanks for clarifying information for me! Riptidemtmte (talk) 02:38, November 22, 2016 (UTC)
HMM Chapter 2
I said it in the talk but I will say it here too, there is clear citation on Kotobukiya's blog seperating the Chapters. Gojulas was the end.
More importatnly, the page is specifies the Z-Knights and the updated Command Wolfs & Red Liger. The original page will get cluttered having non-Zoids and re-re-releases on the same page. Infact, the first one already cluttered but that's besides the point. Just because chapter 2 'looks similar' (it actually has a different, more clean Zoids Logo and newer instruction manuals) and has slow releases does not mean it gets deleted. I gave careful consideration before making the page and given time it will look nicer with new Zoids and inevitable re-releases. Hyuugalion (talk) 02:24, December 15, 2016 (UTC)
For my own reference. From the /r/Zoids discord:
March 2001 issue of Animedia
Sylvanelite (talk) 09:50, August 17, 2017 (UTC)
Series title italics
It appears that the italics for the titles of anime series (e.g. New Century Zero) are applied inconsistently across character pages. I'm happy to help fix these, and also work with other tasks such as adding relevant infoboxes to more minor characters. I would like to test out new designs for the navboxes since I think the current light blue font and white/grey background clashes in legibility.
I've also noticed that key lore characters such as Zenebas Muroa lack a distinct character page. Would it be best to create such pages to fulfill better lore documentation and stronger article accessibility (e.g. a direct page link to the founder behind the Zenebas Empire)?
- All those suggestions sound good to me. Direct pages are certainly a good idea, I think the only reason we don't have them for some characters (especially battle story ones) is because we simply don't have enough english-language sources to fill the pages. Anyone is more than welcome to expand their pages or make new pages. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:00, March 1, 2018 (UTC)
I'm looking to restructure the categories for all anime-related pages and am seeking feedback before going ahead. The main purpose is to improve article access and readability while cleaning up the existing inconsistencies/redundant linkages and most importantly, cutting down on clutter.
Firstly: renaming the "Zoids Anime" category to just "Anime", placing the five main series pages (+ Guardian Force) in that category. All sub-categories contained there collect the pages of each series, e.g. "New Century" for all the New Century-related concepts, characters, locations, episodes etc. Perhaps, in future, also applying this to "Video games" and "Print media".
With that in mind, I would retain the Male/Female categories for those that want to view all characters across the series, but remove "Zoids Anime" + "Zoids characters" (moving to that to a broader category that collects character subcategories for each series) from individual character pages.
Also, adding "Battle Story" to relevant character pages such as Camford, Prozen etc. I think the "Chaotic Century only Characters" category is rather redundant since a number of characters in it also feature in the Battle Story, ok to remove pages from it?
I'm also working to de-capitalise terms such as "Franchise" and "Anime" in sentences/page titles since they're not tied to specific formal titles.
- All those changes sound OK to me. Sylvanelite (talk) 11:30, April 22, 2018 (UTC)
Hello, Sylvanelite. I recently got interested in the Zoids fandom again and noticed that someone created this category and several sub-categories. Are those okay or do they need to be removed? They seem kinda fanon term-ish to me and I was looking for a project here anyway and thought I'd offer to remove those categories. There is also this: . Is it okay to remove those categories from pages so that you can delete them? Zane T 69 (talk) 19:29, October 7, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not too fussed about categories, if you want to clean them up, that's ok by me. I'm happy help out and delete pages that are not needed or are too fanon to be useful. Sylvanelite (talk) 22:07, October 9, 2018 (UTC)
- Also, I have fifteen categories ready for deletion and you have an advertisement (TOU violation) there too. Zane T 69 (talk) 18:09, October 10, 2018 (UTC)
I've identified the source of these problems. This user has created several redundant categories; IE: bipedal, two-legged form, quadrupedal, four-legged form, and has labeled Zoids as herbivores and carnivores, and Villain and Hero Zoids. It's my opinion that he was an edit-gamer or vandal and just wanted to cause problems or acquire an edit-count anonymously. I suggest you infinite block him. As a single anonymous user the collateral damage would be non-existent. Zane T 69 (talk) 16:01, October 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Okay, we're in the home stretch. Do you want me to delete these five categories, lightweight Zoids, and this category. Those are categories that I felt were somewhat useful and thought I'd get your permission first on them. I'm inclined to purge the Hero and Villain Zoids categories, but that's due to it being fan bias IMO. Please get back to me ASAP, I have a personal project I might start tomorrow (within 15 hours from now) and I'd like to not stop work on it to restart on this one. Zane T 69 (talk) 02:25, October 14, 2018 (UTC)
- VSTF blocked him for two weeks and that buys us some time, but I think you should at least upgrade it to a year. Zane T 69 (talk) 14:35, October 27, 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry for the delay. I was away much of last week. I'll leave it as a year for now. I don't like blocking IP addresses indefinitely, since people usually don't keep IP addresses that long and we can end up blocking legit users. (although very unlikely). If it does happen again, I'll jump on it quicker next time. Sylvanelite (talk)!
- He was only blocked for two weeks by VSTF, not a year. I suggested that you upgrade it to a year for exactly the same reason that you mentioned. Zane T 69 (talk) 23:51, October 27, 2018 (UTC)
- You're running out of time to give the vandal a year long block before he causes more damage and I'm flat out unable to devote time to cleaning it up now. Zane T 69 (talk) 02:36, November 5, 2018 (UTC)
- I really don't like banning people by IP because it's so ineffective, but I've bumped to 2019. Sylvanelite (talk) 06:47, November 5, 2018 (UTC)
Hi and blog post on definitive taxonomic Zoid classification system
Hello Sylvanelite, I am a new user on the Zoids wiki and have just made a blog post featuring a taxonomic Zoid classification system that you may find interesting. Freighttrain, The (talk) 20:55, November 15, 2018 (UTC)
How do I get Admin rights? Is there an RFA or can a Bureaucrat just promote when asked? Your last activity was four months ago and users are getting concerned. I believe that I can easily serve this wiki as an admin and keep the wiki protected... that's why I'm asking. We had a recent scare and a user was harassed, but another reliable user reported the person and got them global banned.
- I'm still here. I have been particularly busy over the last 3 weeks specifically (especially the weekend just past), so I am catching up on that, but I haven't up and left (my Zoids Wild edits slowed down because it took a long time to verify Japanese translations - I might do a mass update without verification, just to get things done). If issues arise, please post on my talk page, because I follow this page I get notifications and am much less likely to miss something. I should be back to checking daily, from today.
- Just as a note, I'm not a Bureaucrat. The Zoids Wiki hasn't had an active Bureaucrat in something like a decade. I haven't tried, but I believe I can only grant Chat Moderator and Discussion Moderator. Neither of which seem useful for addressing the problems you've described. The Zoids Wiki is pretty old-school and the features these roles grant are rarely actually used here.
- I will go through and do a cleanup, though. Sylvanelite (talk) 05:28, February 26, 2019 (UTC)
We've already undone the edits and have begun the process of adoption. I'm glad that you're back though. If adoption is still viable then you would get to keep your rights, I think they only demote admins inactive for one year. No offense, but the wiki needs more users contributing to the wikis betterment and defense and I believe that we can help you take the wiki to new heights. I hope that you would support us at least being given rights by wikia because this wiki was almost torn down twice and had we not acted one user, the anon who miscategorizes, would like likely unwittingly aided a legit threat. Zane T 69 (talk) 05:58, February 26, 2019 (UTC)
- I added a comment to the adoption request, to point out that I am still here. I don't know how adoption works, so I guess I'll see what happens.
- As an aside, I have removed a few of the newly created subpages on the front of the wiki. Most of them duplicate content in links directly below it. The events and projects sound good, I won't stop those being added (more than welcome to have them added back), just please make sure there's content before adding pages, otherwise they clutter up the stats and make it difficult to see what's a placeholder and what is being genuinely updated. Sylvanelite (talk) 06:41, February 26, 2019 (UTC)
- I personally think calling vandalism a "threat" is very overstated, it's easy to revert and I would have blocked them eventually if things kept going. I was a few days late, but otherwise it's nothing super serious.
- For the record, I'm against promoting people to admin status. It's too much power for relatively little gain. Sylvanelite (talk) 08:52, February 26, 2019 (UTC)
- Hello Sylvanelite, yesterday I suggested to Zane T 69 that a new article featuring a list that categorises Zoids by the creature they are based might be a good idea, I think he might have misinterpreted what I was talking about though.
Sylvanelite, you aren't able to watch the wiki full time and its quite difficult to get you here for vandals in different time zone due to those different time zones. You're a great admin, but twice I've had to step in; getting a thousand edits from cleaning up a mess you didn't stop and stopping a VPN using vandal who defaced templates to maximize damage. The vandal I'm speaking of is this one. These vandals can create an account per minute if they want and can't be effectively banned or stopped without the right wiki features... we were lucky that Squiddy6001 got bored. I'm not out for gain and I'm out to protect the wiki in your absences or when you're simply unable to get on.
Real life interferes, I get that. But I have a more flexible schedule and I can defend the wiki when you can't. I also have a history of undoing bad edits and I've done the grunt work to keep the wiki in good shape and I intend to do much more. You can't do the job alone. This has recently been proven and there is no shame in it. If you're concerned, then know that both Movie and I are experienced Admins and Bureaucrats and that we would consult with you. We aren't trying to take over; all users are equal and that is mine and wikias position, but the wiki needs more active defenders and helpers. The wiki has four active users and needs more, but it also needs people to protect it from those drawn in who just want to deface, vandalize, or harass users. That requires more admins.
If it will help ease your mind, then feel free to read this: My RFB (Request for Bureaucrat rights). It was unanimous and my performance as an Admin was so exemplary that no one objected and I was only praised. It was on another wiki and can only attest to my character, experience, and behavior, but I feel that it says a lot. Zane T 69 (talk) 16:49, February 26, 2019 (UTC)
I have to agree with Zane. The problem of vandals on a wiki with inactive or semi-active bureaucrats or admins isn't new for me. The admins on one wiki I came across also are inactive for days, weeks or even months and thus vandals can do mischief for at least days until they get blocked. And the other users without admin rights can just revert the vandalism or at best protect or delete pages and really get stressed due to this. Also they can just leave messages on the talk pages or message walls of the vandals, (most often) unsuccessfully asking them to stop. I and most likely also Zane can be active every day and block every vandalism account on sight. I have proven this on wikis like Kamiwaza Wanda and Shinkalion Wiki, where a vandal constantly came back with another sockpuppet account after some time and they got blocked no later than a few hours after joining the wiki. As with the project pages I accept that you don't want them here for some reasons. We can work on compromises how to organize the wiki in the future together and of course will also consider your opinion, as all editors are equal per the old Wikipedia guideline. Even on a wiki which I have founded and am the only bureaucrat I also show respect for other users ideas. This wiki is about syn Sophia's latest anime known as Kiratto PriChan. Despite the anime only airing in Japan the wiki is pretty active and I mostly leave the wikis affairs to users who are also admins on PriPara Wiki. I also hold bureaucrat powers on Transformers Wiki, where I also established a collaborative atmosphere. As well I would also like to propose an alliance between wikis about Takara Tomy franchises, such as Beast Saga, Transformers, Kamiwaza Wanda, Tomica, Shinkalion and perhaps also Beyblade, B-Daman and Zoids Wiki. As Zane said we are two users who edit in good faith and have a lot of experience with running wikis and don't want to take over anything. Everything we do is just intended to help the community. Moviejunkie2009 (talk) 17:55, February 26, 2019 (UTC)
Article Featuring a List of Zoids by Creature Type
Hello Sylvanelite, I left a message about this yesterday but it might have been occluded from sight by the lengthy messages left afterward by Zane T 69 and Moviejunkie2009.
Anyway a couple of days ago I suggested to Zane T 69 that a new article featuring a list that categorises Zoids by the type of creature they are based might be a good idea, I think he might have misinterpreted what I was talking about though. The article would look relatively similar to the List of Zoids article but with the Zoids listed in a similar fashion to how they are in my blog post, what do you think? Freighttrain, The (talk) 00:29, February 27, 2019 (UTC)
Please see my comment on the thread about the adoption. As stated there, I've given you bureaucrat rights as part of the adoption deal as a show equality. Keep up the good work! JoePlay (talk) 19:15, February 27, 2019 (UTC)
- I went ahead and added a Forum and Policy link in header/navigation; I figured that it wouldn't be a problem, but if it was then it could be easily reverted. Both pages needed exposure for people to truly get involved with any debates on forums and make informed decisions. Anyway, just thought that I'd say that and explain my actions. I would have asked, but that was just making the rules more accessible to users and helping them access debates from the NavBar/Top navigation. If you or Movie have a problem with it then I'm 100% willing to undo the edit myself so that we can discuss other ways to make both more accessible. Zane T 69 (talk) 23:16, February 27, 2019 (UTC)
- I'm fine with what you guys are doing. These are the only 2 rules I would recommend keeping note of as new admins:
- Please read the Wiki Rules There's nothing controversial in there, so following them should be no problem. This applies to all users, myself included.
- Do not edit the Rules page directly. Admins have the power to do that, but it should not be used without agreement on the talk page. I don't see either of you guys doing it, so this should be easy to follow
- Do not lock pages aside from the Rules page.
- Before attempting any large restructuring of the wiki, make a forum post and give it a few days for people to read and reply. This has nothing really to do with being an admin, it just allows me to track where things are and identify problems before they pop up. By "large" changes, I mean things like moving pages or rewriting all the Zoid articles (100+ page edits).
The only other request I would make is for Zane specifically: please don't ban users who edit categories. I have made a talk page post on the wiki rules for dealing with categories, feel free to add comments there so that we can update the enforcement rules around categories. Then if people breach the rules, we can issue bans. Sylvanelite (talk) 01:03, February 28, 2019 (UTC)
As an aside, I would like to apologise if I got a bit angsty the last couple days. Having a "vote of no confidence" appear so quickly is extremely stressful to deal with. But trust me, it's not the first time this wiki's had drama, and it won't be the last. As long as we keep updating and give our readers more Zoids info, I'm not really fussed as to what happens here or there. Sylvanelite (talk) 01:03, February 28, 2019 (UTC)
Finally: Freighttrain, apologies for the slow reply, I promise I'm not ignoring you, I will get to you blog post when things calm down a bit. Sylvanelite (talk) 01:03, February 28, 2019 (UTC)
- These Forums are Movie's current projects:
Of course we won't attempt any large restructuring without you. We were serious about not just taking over. It has been mentioned to block anons from editing on the Wiki Features forum, but I opposed it and offered the idea to protect key infrastructure instead; limiting it to auto-confirmed users who have a name and reputation. I liken that practice to making sure you have reliable people doing work they're capable of doing, in this case trusted users, but for RL comparison a reliable carpenter, electrician, or plumber. We have no plans to make large charges like that.
I won't just ban users who edit categories and I'm firm believer in human fallibility and on Supernatural wiki I've always accepted appeals and have given apologies after an explanation and unblocking. Don't worry, it rarely ever happens.
I would also like to apologize. I was kind of a jerk when I felt my concerns and my removal of bad edits were being dismissed, but that was no excuse and I am sorry about that. Zane T 69 (talk) 01:41, February 28, 2019 (UTC)
Which categories do you want gone? I was never able to get permission to remove all of that anons categories and couldn't do as much as I wanted. I noticed you removing them and thought that I'd offer to help. Zane T 69 (talk) 02:14, March 22, 2019 (UTC)
- I've created a Blog Post with comments on what I'm doing, you can work through it too if you want. It's just a rough-and-tumble listing of categories by types that fit current pages and ones that do not. Sylvanelite (talk) 02:33, March 22, 2019 (UTC)
I know I haven't introduced myself to you before but allow me. ThoththeAtlantean at your service. I like Zoids myself, and it's a pleasure.
Edit Protection on User Profile
- I did that with MovieJunkie's agreement back when everyone thought you were a creepy pedo. It was too repair the wikis image as a safe place while we expected greater activity. Zane T 69 (talk) 20:09, August 19, 2019 (UTC)
- Hello Zane T 69 and thank you for seeing to that profile edit issue and yes, that libelous nonsense was sorted out a few months ago by FANDOM staff, though I don't think that the Zoids Wiki's reputation was ever in question.
It's not even remotely what I hoped for. It wasn't the reputation, I wanted parents and editors too feel safe and I acted. Anyway, we probably shouldn't use Sylvanelite's talk page for a conversation that he's uninvolved in. Zane T 69 (talk) 21:14, August 19, 2019 (UTC)