Hi, welcome to Zoids Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Irvine page.
If you're new to Wika, you might want to check out the editing help section for some useful tips to get started.
RE: Hello[edit source]
- Have you considered adopting this wiki? That would be the best solution for dealing with persistent vandals. The VSTF might not always clean them up (especially if there are active admins); in addition, if you were a local admin the vandal would get cleaned up in the shortest amount of time. You would, of course, need to talk with the current admin and wider community about this, but I think it's your best option. Patrik 22:46, October 26, 2018 (UTC)
My advice is quite simple. Never react, trolls want reactions and to know that they're getting to you. Never react no matter what and that includes insults and conversation. It sounds like they are using a VPN and borrowing IPs to spam new accounts and IPs to harass and torment. Have the admins on JP wiki consider an abuse filter for profanity, page spam, page blanking, and page moving. It should reduce attacks greatly and bore the vandal into leaving.
If you feel you are needed to aid opposing vandals then request rights from an Admin or B-crat. Removing your favorite wikis list and hiding all of them prevents bleed over/them harassing you on other wikis. I hope this helps. Zane T 69 (talk) 17:33, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
Zane is right. There is an old wiki guideline on Wikipedia which says "Don't feed the trolls": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deny_recognition Hiding your favorite wikis also is a great idea to avoid being bothered. Throwaway got globalled after I reported him to staff and linked them to his contributions on multiple wikis. As there hasn't been any active admin for more than two months, adoption might also be something to consider. However for an adoption you need the support of the community, as well you shouldn't have a record of rightful current blocks. Blocks for petty reasons of course don't count. More guidelines you find here: https://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoption:Requests
Sylvanelite comes when needed, but the wiki doesn't meet the requirements for adoption. I can ask him about promoting me, I take Admin duties seriously and this wiki wouldn't even be a problem in terms of work load. Zane T 69 (talk) 17:59, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
- I posted on his talk page. Zane T 69 (talk) 18:24, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
If no admin has edited for two months - Sylvanelite last edited more than three months ago - a wiki is eligible for adoption per the adoption guidelines. However if Sylvanelite comes back as you suppose the wiki will of course no longer be eligible for adoption. As he is only an admin he only can promote mods per the group rights list: Special:ListGroupRights
I knew that he couldn't promote me; I'm an Admin/B-Crat on another wiki, but I might need an RFA. I did help him out a lot, so he should support me. The wiki needs Admins and I'll be requesting it either way to make sure that the wiki has one on hand to deal with vandals or harassment. Plus I can easily manage it since I'm only responsible for one other wiki that I already have well policed and staffed. Zane T 69 (talk) 18:44, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
This wiki doesn't seem to have pages for requests for adminship. So yes a forum post or asking a bureaucrat is also a way to get admin rights. I also manage several wikis including Transformers Wiki and other Takara Tomy-related wikis.
Cool. They seem really well-run. I'll give Sylvanelite a few days before talking with the Bureaucrat unless the wiki comes under attack then I'll move to adopt, but it seems unlikely that we would be attacked. The wiki doesn't seem to be in any danger so I see no risk in waiting. Zane T 69 (talk) 19:21, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
Adoption request[edit source]
Hi. I’ve given you admin and bureaucrat rights on this community as you requested. You now have the tools you need to clean up, customize, and maintain the wiki.
- Check out Wiki Features to see which features you can enable (or disable) on your wiki, including chat and many more. If you have adopted an older community with talk pages, you can enable message walls and article comments if you wish. If you are interested in the discussions feature, you can request it using the form at Special:Contact/general.
- Customize your community's look by visiting the Theme Designer, where you can add color and style to your background and wordmark for your desktop visitors.
- Customize the mobile home page and convert infoboxes to the new portable infobox format for your visitors on mobile devices.
- Look through the various useful reports available at Special:Insights, including popular pages, uncategorized pages, and wanted pages for ideas on ways to improve your community.
- Stop by Community Central to stay informed with our staff blog, and ask questions on our community forum, or chat with fellow contributors.
- Lastly, visit our help pages to learn the ins and outs of running a wiki, including tips for managing your community, how to attract contributors, and how to add other admins.
Check out your Admin Dashboard, which can be found by clicking "Admin" on the bottom toolbar. It has links to all your new tools. Please let me know if you have any questions, and good luck with the wiki! JoePlay (talk) 19:12, February 27, 2019 (UTC)
I don't understand why you want to remove heroes off the characters who are the good guys that makes no sense.