The Wild Blast (ワイルドブラスト, Wairudo Burasuto) is a feature unique to the Zoids: Wild franchise.
The Wild Blast is a technique that's tied to the bond between a Zoid and its rider. That bond is established by the Zoid granting the rider a Zoid Key, an object forged from within the Zoid itself.
To trigger the Wild Blast, the rider and Zoid's left eyes burst with turquoise flames, followed by shouting the phrase "With my soul!" as the rider ignites the Zoid Key with turquoise flames. The rider then inserts the Zoid Key in the Zoid's terminal and shouts Instinct Released: Wild Blast (本能解放:ワイルドブラスト, Hon'nō Kaihō: Wairudo Burasuto), engulfing the Zoid with a turquoise aura and activating its Blast Unit.
The Wild Blast puts immense strain on the Zoid and the rider, so it cannot be sustained indefinitely, but depending on the bond, the amount of effort required to remain in the mode diminishes significantly.
Zoids: Wild ZeroEdit
In Zoids: Wild Zero, the Wild Blast is still featured by its activation has been altered: instead of being granted a Zoid Key, the rider shouts the phrase and pulls the controls backward, causing the Zoid's interior to emanate a turquoise light and activating its Blast Unit.
- Death Blast - used by the Death Metal Empire.
- Berserk - The Wild Liger is seen to go Berserk in the anime, where it glows purple instead of pale blue.
- Final Blast - seen in the game Zoids Wild: King of Blast as a super attack.
- Limit-broken Wild Blast - used by Bacon and the Fang Tiger in episode 13 of the anime.
- Evo Blast - seen in the Zoids: Wild ZERO anime, used by the protagonists.
- Machine Blast - seen in the Zoids: Wild ZERO anime, used by the antagonists.