The Wild Blast (ワイルドブラスト, Wairudo Burasuto) is a feature unique to the Zoids: Wild franchise.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Wild Blast is a technique that's tied to the bond between a Zoid and its rider. That bond is established by the Zoid granting the rider a Zoid Key, an object forged from within the Zoid itself.
Activation[edit | edit source]
To trigger the Wild Blast, the rider and Zoid's left eyes burst with turquoise flames, followed by shouting the phrase "With my soul!" as the rider ignites the Zoid Key with turquoise flames. The rider then inserts the Zoid Key in the Zoid's terminal and shouts Instinct Released: Wild Blast (本能解放:ワイルドブラスト, Hon'nō Kaihō: Wairudo Burasuto), engulfing the Zoid with a turquoise aura and activating its Blast Unit.
The Wild Blast puts immense strain on the Zoid and the rider, so it cannot be sustained indefinitely, but depending on the bond, the amount of effort required to remain in the mode diminishes significantly.
Zoids: Wild ZERO[edit | edit source]
In Zoids: Wild ZERO, the Wild Blast is still featured by its activation has been altered: instead of being granted a Zoid Key, the rider shouts the phrase and pulls the controls backward, causing the Zoid's interior to emanate a turquoise light and activating its Blast Unit.
As soldiers in the series do not necessarily have a strong bond with their Zoid, forcibly activating the Wild Blast can cause severe backlash, rending the pilot unconscious. This is seen in episode 18, when Jake Ramon activates the Kuwaganos' Wild Blast. To prevent this, both forces use a pilot suit based on technology from Frank Land. The suit mitigates the recoil from a Wild Blast. An exception to this is Leo Conrad, who after being exposed to Sally Land's pendant gains a partially metal body capable of using his Evo Blast without restriction.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Dark Blast - used by the Dark Metal Empire.
- Berserk - Liger is seen to go berserk in the anime, where it glows purple instead of pale blue. And Arashi's bang in his hair turns purple when he loses control.
- Final Blast - seen in the game Zoids Wild: King of Blast as a super attack.
- Awaken - used by Quade and the Zaber Fang in episode 13 of the anime. In episode 20, Arisahi and Liger used it in their battle with Gigaboss and Demise, thus turning Liger's claws and canines into gold and where he glows a pure blue aura. In episode 50, Liger reached his final form in the final battle with Demise, turning the aura around his chassis yellow and the red glow inside of his core when it's beyond his limit.
- Evo Blast - seen in the Zoids: Wild ZERO anime, used by the protagonists.
- Machine Blast - seen in the Zoids: Wild ZERO anime, used by the antagonists.
- Zero Blast - seen in the Zoids: Wild ZERO anime, used by the Zero Phantos.